Growing biotech company is seeking a junior corporate attorney to join the General Counsel's staff in a newly created Corporate Staff Attorney position. The successful candidate will work under the GC and the Assistant General Counsel to minimize company risk through careful review, drafting, and negotiating of routine business agreements (e.g., purchase and sale contracts, service contracts, nondisclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, etc.), and will research regulatory/compliance issues, draft memoranda, and handle other day-to-day business transactions. Additionally, the successful candidate will:
• have superb written communication skills;
• function well both independently and as part of a team;
• exhibit strategic and critical thinking;
• be able to absorb and synthesize detailed rules/regulations;
• be able to quickly identify and prioritize issues in order to prepare timely work product;
• be exceptionally organized;
• be prepared to work gracefully under pressure in a fast-paced, expanding, and dynamic corporate environment;
• maintain the confidentiality of the company and the Legal Department;
• maintain a positive professional image;
• be willing to perform other related duties as assigned.
A JD from an accredited law school and a minimum of 1-2 years of practice in a law firm or in-house setting are required. The candidate should be licensed to practice law in Utah or be able to become licensed in Utah within twelve months of employment. Additional consideration will be given to those with a professional writing background and those with a science or technology background.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.